Department Information Management and Production Control (ILT)
The department Information Management and Production Control develops open and secure architectures, software components and solutions for information, control and test systems in Internet of Things (IoT) application areas.
We implement open, innovative, custom software solutions that drive new paradigms in the fields of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0. Building on agile methods in requirements analysis, system design, and recognized architecture and communication standards, our work extends beyond manufacturing to the areas of environment, crisis management, resource efficiency, and security.
We develop solutions for efficient processing of heterogeneous data sets, semantic annotation and fusion of sensor data into meaningful technical information for decision making. Through AI engineering, we develop AI-based software components for industrial production ecosystems and environmental information systems.
Our competence profile is rounded off by in-depth knowledge of IT security for the industrial production.
We offer IT security consulting and training and are involved in the Standardization Council Industrie 4.0 and other standardization bodies such as OPC Foundation, AutomationML e.V., Bitkom, VDI/VDE, VDMA, DIN, IEC, IIC, W3C and OGC.
Our portfolio includes several open source tools:
- open62541: Open source OPC UA stack, suitable for embedded systems
- FROST®: Time series management and sensor data management
- FA3ST®: Tools for building digital twins based on Industrie 4.0 standards (administration shell)
We offer comprehensive solutions for certain domains:
- WaterFrame®: framework to implement Environmental Information Systems
- Electronic Situation Display (ELD): tool for staff work and crisis management for public authorities
- ISuTest®: Automated vulnerability detection for industrial automation components
- WebGenesis®: ontology-based information management system
- ProVis 4.0 Suite: integrated production control system
- Sustainability and resilience in supply chains
- AI Systems Engineering - systematic use of AI methods for technical systems