In the research group Adaptive Optics we work on imaging, monitoring and laser communication systems on horizontal optical transmission paths through the earth's atmosphere. We develop simulations, design theoretical models and implement both image processing algorithms and complete Adaptive Optics (AO) systems. Since the requirements for terrestrial AO systems differ significantly from the requirements for astronomical AO systems, we focus on innovative AO concepts and investigate realistic solutions in very different fields of optics.
Find out about the latest developments in our group, read our publications, learn about our laboratory equipment and services.
We welcome cooperation with industry.
- Measurement of the influence of atmospheric turbulence on electro-optical devices used under realistic conditions outside the laboratory
- Performance of field tests and experiments for the validation of electro-optical devices
- Cross validation of new and existing measurement systems
- Monte-Carlo and analytical calculations of laser propagation through the atmosphere
- Simulation of the performance of imaging systems for long range observations
- Optical metrology
- Design of optical systems
- Simulation of adaptive optical systems for lasers and for astronomy
- Simulation of underwater laser systems
- Design and production of holograms
- Design and manufacture of micro-optics