Fraunhofer Advanced Asset Administration Shell Tools for Digital Twins
We are pleased to announce the release of our open-source software FA³ST Service v0.1.0 as first building block of the Fraunhofer Advanced Asset Administration Shell Tools for Digital Twins (FA³ST). FA³ST Service enables you to create and run Digital Twins based on the Asset Administration Shell (AAS) specification by Plattform Industrie 4.0 that can be interacted with via standard-conform APIs.
Features of FA³ST Service:
- Supports all AAS data formats: JSON, JSON-LD, XML, AutomationML, RDF and OPC UA NodeSet
- Easy configuration via JSON file, environment variables and command-line parameters
- Open Architecture: Easy extensibility of multiple aspects with custom or 3rd party implementations (no recompiling required)
- Endpoints: support for HTTP and OPC UA protocol & synchronization between endpoints
- Asset Connections: support for MQTT and OPC UA protocol (arbitrary protocols possible via custom/3rd party implementations)
- Usage of the existing open source implementation of AAS data model and de-/serializers
- Available as docker container
For further information visit FA³ST Service at Github where you can find the code, report issues and are welcome to contribute.
If you are interested in our solution or need more information about FA³ST Service, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If you want to give it a try without further ado you can start a FA³ST Service with an empty AAS exposing both an HTTP endpoint (port 8080) and an OPC UA endpoint (port 4840) using docker with just one line
docker run -p 8080:8080 -p 4840:4840 fraunhoferiosb/faaast-service:0.1.0