In the future, autonomous mobile systems will increasingly enter areas where manipulation tasks can be solved without human involvement. Examples are the assembly, maintenance, repair and disassembly of technical systems. They will be used where hazardous environments pose a high risk to humans, e.g. in underwater areas or contaminated infrastructures.
There are several scientific challenges to be solved:
- the autonomous driving in unstructured environments,
- the detection of the object to be manipulated,
- the optimization of the trajectories of the manipulation system,
- the compensation of environmental influences and
- the verification of the manipulation result.