The human is the center of attention:
The interaction with (IT) systems will be reinforced in the industrial environment by (complex) graphical user interfaces.There is enormous potential in this area to increase the serviceability of the machines and thereby further improve production efficiency. Due to the expected increasing complexity in production, the demographic change and increasingly shorter product life cycles, users will have to be increasingly supported by adaptive assistance systems in the future. The effective use of assistance systems can increase the flexibility of a system as well as that of employees, thus achieving a decisive competitive advantage.
The Assistance System business unit is active in the following research fields, among others:
• Interdisciplinary know-how in the fields of automation technology, information technologies, hardware and software development
• Tracking technologies (e.g., optical, RFID, iBeacon)
• Detection and use of gestures (device- and camera-based systems)
• Methods and Techniques of Virtual and Augmented Reality (AR / VR)
• SmartFactoryOWL, an initiative of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and the oWL university, together with an integrated usability lab